The Ultimate Carnivorous Plant Guide for Beginners - DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
Jacob Farin, co-owner of Sarracenia Northwest, will show you how to think like a professional carnivorous plant grower to keep your first carnivorous plant alive and healthy. You will learn how sunlight, water, and soil affect your plant's health so that you can avoid common mistakes. When you gain experience growing the most common carnivorous plants in cultivation, you will have the knowledge base to grow other plants with greater confidence.
If you are new to carnivorous plants or have struggled to keep them alive for more than a couple of months, this ebook is for you!
Sarracenia pitchers are browning?
Three main causes. And no, too much sun isn't one of them (page 108).
Sarracenia pitchers are flopping over?
Three main causes (page 110).
Tropical sundews not producing dew?
Seven common causes (page 140).
No pitchers on your Nepenthes?
Eight possible causes (page 153).
Read page 82!
Worried about winter care?
Six important tips to remember (page 126).
Worried that your humidity isn't high enough?
Seriously, read pages 63-66!
The Nuts and Bolts of Carnivorous Plants
• The different types of plants found in cultivation.
• How carnivorous plants capture insects.
• Deciphering the botanical naming system.
The Essentials of Plant Growth
• The real role of bugs when it comes to carnivorous plants.
• How sunlight affects your plant's health.
• How to use tap water safely.
• Appropriate soil ingredients for your plants.
• Temperature and humidity issues.
How to Grow Common Carnivorous Plants
• Venus Flytraps.
• Cold Hardy Sundews (common species).
• Tropical Sundews (common species).
• Nepenthes (common species).
• Troubleshooting of common plant problems.
• How to protect your cold hardy plants from the two biggest threats during winter.
• What to use artificial lights properly to get optimal growth.
How to Treat Common Plant Pests
• How to identify problems with aphids, thrips, and other pests.
• A pesticide to use that is safe on carnivorous plants .
• Dealing with slugs, mosquitoes, and four-legged pests.
The ebook does NOT cover propagation or all types of carnivorous plants. It was written specifically for first-time growers to help them keep their first carnivorous plant alive and healthy. The plants covered in the ebook are easily obtainable, relatively inexpensive, and forgiving of mistakes, which makes them suitable for first-time growers.
The ebook contains over 35,000 words and 170 embedded photographs. The file size is 18 MB (PDF) and is viewable on all computers, tablets, and smart phones.
Released April 2018.
brilliant e book
This E-book is excellent, and well worth the low price. Buy it!!! Jeff's online "Ask the growers" service is also excellent.
It’s already helped me with my new hobby, increased my confidence and provided me with valuable information. Great resource for any new owner of CPs!
I appreciated the advice to use soft water, keep’s wet, plenty of sun and fed only insects. The growth in the last month is a pleasure to watch. When do the flowers appear? I can hardly wait! Thanks
Very informative and helpful also easy to understand
Best carnivorous plants I have bought.
Concise, easy to find topics you’re looking for and covers all the “must do’s” as well as the “nice to know” bits. Takes all the intimidating aspects of growing carnies right on outta there.
I haven’t made it all the way through this e book yet but I have learned so much already (and have had quite a few laughs). Very helpful, full of information and is presented in a way that doesn’t make carnivorous care seem scary.
Really enjoyed reading the guide and handy to dip into for help. Enjoy the newsletter just sorry I cannot order Plants
Best guide I have read on Carnivorous plants. They give you the straight facts on how to care for your plants.
Well thought out and very understandable.
Great for the beginner