Sarracenia Funky Flower [DORMANT]
The first thing noticeable about "Funky Flower" is the red splotch on the back of the throat of the pitcher. The rest of the pitcher is neon yellow, with tiny red veins running throughout the upper parts of the trap and the heavily wavy lid. The flower, which it is named after, is quite lovely, sporting long pastel-pink petals. After pollination, it arches upward to face the sky, in a bit of a funky way. Late season traps can be heavily veined - almost appearing orange if given enough autumn sun.
Type of Plant: Outdoor perennial for container growing.
Height: 12-16 inches.
Sunlight: Full sun during the growing season.
Water: Low-mineral water (50 ppm or less).
Soil: Equal parts peat moss and perlite only.
Winter: Dormant. Minimal protection in USDA zones 7-9. Mulch in colder regions.
PLANT YOU RECEIVE
• Mature division in its second growing season. (NOT a new division.)
• Acclimated for outdoor growing.
• Shipped in a 4-inch pot. Care instructions are included.
Photos illustrate early summer growth. Pitchers may not be present during other seasons. See below for more information.
Plants are grown outdoors at our nursery in Oregon and experience seasonal changes.
• January-March: Plant is dormant with no pitchers.
• April: Spring growth will appear by the end of the month.
• May: Fully developed pitchers will start to appear.
• June: Full display of pitchers. This plant will look its best!
• July-August: Plant will slow down when it’s hot. Some minor spotting.
• September-October: Dormancy begins. Fewer pitchers. No new growth until spring.
• November-December: Plant is dormant. Browned pitchers are cut off.
Just like every other plant I have gotten from Sarracenia Northwest, this one was amazingly beautiful. I was not expecting to find such a large plant when I was unboxing my new plant friends (who were also all gorgeous!). The funky flower will be a fantastic addition to my bog garden I’m planning.
Packaged perfectly, healthy, a bit smaller than expected, already grown two leaves
The plant came in great shape and is continuing to do great.
Unbelievable pitcher at least 20 inches tall and sprouting smaller ones at the base. Very happy with my order arrived safe and beautiful. This plant devours large wasps and hello jackets. I look forward to future business with you guys.
Arrived in perfect shape and is now happily living in our garden. I will definitely buy from Sarracenia Northwest again. I couldn't be happier!