arrived in great condition and doing well
If you're looking for a large, fast-growing plant of outsized proportions, Cateo might be the one for you! Emerging early in spring, pitchers are of medium height (12 or so inches) with fabulous elephant-like yellow-green lids which cap the understated mouth. It represents a popular trend in Sarracenia collections to combine height with oversized lids. A single plant can appear to take up more space than most other Sarracenia because of its huge lid. Leaves gradually turn from green to orange-red throughout summer. It's best pitchers, however, are in early to mid summer.
Type of Plant: Outdoor perennial for container growing.
Height: Up to 12 inches.
Sunlight: Full sun during the growing season.
Water: Low-mineral water (50 ppm or less).
Soil: Equal parts peat moss and perlite only.
Winter: Dormant. Minimal protection in USDA zones 7-9. Mulch in colder regions.
PLANT YOU RECEIVE
• Mature division in its second growing season. (NOT a new division.)
• Acclimated for outdoor growing.
• Shipped in a 4-inch pot. Care instructions are included.
Photos illustrate early summer growth. Pitchers may not be present during other seasons. See below for more information.
Plants are grown outdoors at our nursery in Oregon and experience seasonal changes.
• January-March: Plant is dormant with no pitchers.
• April: Spring growth will appear by the end of the month.
• May: Fully developed pitchers will start to appear.
• June: Full display of pitchers. This plant will look its best!
• July-August: Plant will slow down when it’s hot. Some minor spotting.
• September-October: Dormancy begins. Fewer pitchers. No new growth until spring.
• November-December: Plant is dormant. Browned pitchers are cut off.
Arrived in perfect shape and is now happily living in our garden. I will definitely buy from Sarracenia Northwest again. I couldn't be happier!
I am very pleased with this purchase. The yellow pitchers are abundant right now and more are sprouting up! What a wonderful plant!