Feist Dog Sarracenia (EXTRA SMALL)
FREE with any purchase of $20 or more! Your free plant will automatically be added at checkout. Sale ends October 31 or while supply lasts.
Feist Dog Sarracenia are plants whose parentage we can't confirm. These plants are seed-grown Sarracenia from open-ar field crosses at our nursery. Many fine specimens that we have offered over the years have came from this sort of random pollination. Now, you can experience the fun of growing out one of these young plants and see how it matures. Appearance will vary from plant to plant, and each one will be a unique addition to your collection.
(The term Feist Dog originates from the rural regions of the southern United States and refers to small, mixed-breed hunting dogs. Photos are for descriptive purposes. Size, shape, and color will vary considerably. All selection is done randomly. )
Type of Plant: Outdoor perennial for container growing.
Sunlight: Full sun during the growing season.
Water: Low-mineral water (50 ppm or less).
Soil: Equal parts peat moss and perlite only.
Winter: Dormant. Minimal protection in USDA zones 7-9. Mulch in colder regions.
PLANT YOU RECEIVE
• Seed-grown Sarracenia, approximately 1-2 years old.
• Acclimated for outdoor growing.
• Shipped in a 2-inch pot. Care instructions are included.
Extra small plants will need to be repotted into larger pots. Additional soil and pots are sold separately.
Photos illustrate summer growth. Appearance changes with the seasons at the time of shipping. See below for more information.
Plants are grown outdoors at our nursery in Oregon and experience seasonal changes.
• January-March: Plant is dormant with no pitchers.
• April: Spring growth will appear by the end of the month.
• May: Fully developed pitchers typically appear by the end of the month.
• June-August: Full display of pitchers.
• September: Plant produces its best pitchers of the season.
• October: Dormancy begins. Fewer pitchers. No new growth until spring.
• November-December: Plant is dormant. Browned pitchers are cut off.