Sarracenia oreophila x Royal Ruby
If you're familiar with Reptilian Rose, you'll enjoy this hybrid because it's the same cross. It's sister plants have the same overall shape, but with varying degrees of color saturation. They mostly have bright red veins against an orange-yellow background. Overall, these are impressive plants that will brighten your yard in early summer.
Type of Plant: Outdoor perennial for container growing.
Height: 16-20 inches.
Sunlight: Full sun during the growing season.
Water: Low-mineral water (50 ppm or less).
Soil: Equal parts peat moss and perlite only.
Winter: Dormant. Minimal protection in USDA zones 7-9. Mulch in colder regions.
PLANT YOU RECEIVE
• Mature division in its second growing season. (NOT a new division.)
• Acclimated for outdoor growing.
• Shipped in a 4-inch pot. Care instructions are included.
Photos illustrate summer growth. Pitchers may not be present during other seasons. See below for more information.
Plants are grown outdoors at our nursery in Oregon and experience seasonal changes.
• January-March: Plant is dormant with no pitchers.
• April: Spring growth will appear by the end of the month.
• May: Fully developed pitchers will start to appear.
• June: Full display of pitchers. This plant will look its best!
• July-August: Plant will slow down when it’s hot. Some minor spotting.
• September-October: Dormancy begins. Fewer pitchers. No new growth until spring.
• November-December: Plant is dormant. Browned pitchers are cut off.
Excellent service. Personalized experience. Beautiful plants as promised with great shipping technique.
Very healthy and beautiful veins. Thank you so much.